Thursday, October 21, 2010

G-d Save Texas !

Greetings:

(Published for Yaakov Kohen while he is having trouble with WordPress)

I got my shots in my back again yesterday so I'm moving kind of slow these days and watching too much TV. One thing that got to me is the the Governor's Race here in Texas. These guys are slinging so much mud that you can't tell WHY they should be governor, just why the other fellow should NOT be governor. I'm going to vote (early) today or tomorrow and I'll just have to reject both of them. I wish that we, like some other (smarter) states had a "NONE OF THE ABOVE" selection for each position. Since we don't have that option, I can just not vote for either of them and hope that someone notices. Maybe others here will follow suit but most vote straight Republican or straight Democrat without thinking. That option should be removed from the ballot because that means that the voter is too dumb to vote.

I'm not sure who watches what I write on this post nor if they know of Pinchus in the bible, the Torah part, where Pinchus takes action while Moses and the elders do nothing but sit and cry about the sins being done in front of their very eyes. Chabad.org tries to paint Pinchus as a pacifist who just this one time did something like that - it's their way of saying that radicalism (a Zealot) in any form is bad. I have to respectfully disagree with both their silly arguments and outlandish conclusions. See http://meaningfullife.com/oped/2010/7.01.10$PinchasCOLON_Zealots,_Radicals_and_Peace.php for the complete discussion.

Anyway, if you live in the 2nd largest and 2nd most populous state in the Union (meaning Texas) then go vote your conscience. But you might give thought to NOT voting for either the slick-haired incumbent nor the sleazy attacker trying to get back in the limelight. :-)

SDG
Pinchus

No comments:

Post a Comment